Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with experience in Deep Learning to join MxAssist group. In this role, you will work in intersection of the two cutting edge areas: AI&ML and low code. MxAssist group is building cutting edge AI and ML capabilities that change the future of software development. The team is responsible for researching, innovating, building and maintaining AI and ML features to integrate with Mendix Platform to empower the developers to develop apps smartly(AI-Assisted Development) and develop smart apps(AI-as-a-Service.) Our recent AI features have been frequently cited by Gartner and Forrester as evidence of the emerging field of AI-Assisted Software Development. As a part of the team, you will be responsible for researching, experimenting, designing, building, and productionising cutting edge machine learning models.
- MS degree in Computer Science or similar fields. Or demonstrable working experience in software/data engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering and 2+ years in machine learning
- Decent knowledge in all data science aspects: working with large data sets, machine learning, statistics, experimentation, data visualization, optimization, software development
- Proven software engineering skills in two or more programming languages, like Python, Scala, Java or C#
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, improving and operating high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems for machine learning applications
- Experience with cloud development and technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Strong user focus and passion for doing the right thing for the users
- Strong team player, communicative, and open to others’ ideas
- Experience with Keras, TensorFlow/MXnet
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Experience with service oriented architecture(SOA)
Experience a Start-up, Innovation, and Autonomy Culture!
- In Mendix, we are focused on results – not“processes” and“rules”.
- Mendix teams are organized as small start-ups within Mendix with full autonomy to ideate, test, build and release new features with as little as dependency on other teams.
- Each Mendix employee can spend 10% of each month(2 days) on so-called crafting days where they are free to explore side projects, try cool new technologies, or read a book and share their experiences with the rest of the organization.
- There is an individual budget for training or visiting conferences that you find interesting.
- We have an international environment with people with different backgrounds, languages, and values. In Mendix, everyone is appreciated for their skills and ideas.
- We have a relaxed environment with one of the coolest office in the Netherlands with a great view to the Erasmusbrug.
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.